Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Extremes on the news today

Quite strange extremes listening to the news on the radio on the way into work this morning; and when I mean extremes... Well I will let you judge.

So, the first stories comes on and its to do with the economy here in the UK. The last few months have been bleak for sales and it was saying that if same for numbers in the first quarter of the year the we would officially drop back into recession. I'm sure this is the same for many countries.

Next story comes onto radio; Apply made a $13 billion profit.. From recession to billions of dollars/pounds profit. Extremes.

But what does this show about us as a people of the world. OK, so we won't buy our children toys, food, etc - or rather just enough. But we are happy to go and splurge on tech gadgets :)

Now, I could be mistaken to have similar thoughts having just received a nice new 50" 3D Plasma TV hehe and lots of nice tech stuff including a nice manual keyboard on route but I tend to ensure kids, food, then tech :) (usually by selling old tech to fund new tech).

Is this just me? Has the world gone mad? Or are we just careful with our spending unless its that latest iPhone?

If you have any comments please do leave as I would love to get others thoughts on this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment