Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Youtube mobile view bot hack fixed, but do we think this will be the end of it?

So, it seems, in the last few days YouTube; after a few weeks or working on the issue; have released a fix into the system to stop the rampant mobile views bot hack that has put lots of videos to the most viewed status.

Of late we have seen many videos suddenly appear on the most viewed list with millions of views in just one day an all from a mobile device. This hack/bot has removed videos that should have been there through hard work and instead we've been seeing boring, crap, and otherwise none entertaining videos instead.

I make videos.. check out Netroman28 channel which is my YouTube channel. I mainly do software (and sometimes hardware) reviews but do have other things also. Now I don't get lots of views, though do have enough, but all mine are hard work. Yes it would be great to get more.. It would also be great to get my Adsense turned back on after some invalid clicks a year and half ago (not my doing). But I don't abandon, I push forward :)

But my message is really that this is a good thing. However, do I think this will stop botting on YouTube? No! I am sure there will be more bots, more invalid views although maybe not up to the extent of the mobile views hack. But who knows. What does everyone else thing?

By the way, more Linux stuff coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. It feels awesome to read such informative and unique articles on your websites.
    how to increase youtube views

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete