Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Shall I write a book - can I write a book? Doing it from home...

So you may remember my recent blog about working from home. One of the common scenarios is the free lance writer and working from home; and certainly I was wandering how difficult this sort of thing can be.

Now... I have a good friend of mine that produces music - Tangent.. Hold with me, I'll get there. He's been producing music for many years, been part of many smaller bands for 30 years or more and at one point that was his job.

Now, fast forward to last few years. He has written or rather created music and using the web he puts his music on particular site(s) for sale (this is where tangent reeled back in). Now he produces good music, spends great amounts of time perfecting it. But because of the mass market he may make a few pounds a month if lucky.

So... Taking that example over to book writing or freelance writing. How many books/ebooks are written and never take off or never produce much money? Could these been great books or not so great? Is it marketing?

So, to answer my own question and research I am considering writing such a book. Now, I am not sure if I am a great writer; not even sure of a story line; but I am sure on the target market. I am going to write an ebook that a parent can read too a toddler. Why? Because I have a target audience to check if good story or not hehe. Also; such stories don't have to be very long and you can even write a series.

If that goes well then I may try moving up in number of pages? Maybe aim at slight older ages? But in all this is a research and results will be shared... Hopefully there will be results.

So, have any of you reading this blog ever produced any ebooks/books? Do you have advice, hints, tips? 

OK, this blog may not be fountain of all knowledge some people expect so I will try to get a more techie one out today also :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment