Thursday, March 1, 2012

Do you want a Raspberry Pi

So, its the official release and so many people are after their $35 computer that the sites for suppliers have gone down. I've been there and now they are static sites just allowing you to register interest.

I've registered mine as I want to get hold of one of these small systems. OK only running 700Mhz and like 256Mb ram with linux. So what can they be used for? Well, personally I am going to set mine up (when actually get one) as a media system for my TV upstairs. Currently we can't get signal on internal aerials so this will allow me to view media across the net via my wireless network (well with my usb dongle fitted).

So, what about you guys? Anyone else looking to get one and if so leave a comment of what you will be using it for.. One other thought, maybe use inside a cabinet with mame running and lots of roms on a usb stick???

No comments:

Post a Comment