Monday, March 12, 2012

First attempt at business is a launch

So, I decided to bite the bullet and take a handful of virtual dirt along with a friend and attempt to start a first business.Now; the thing is I love technology, I love reviewing technology; and so we thought "Why not try and work with that".

So, we came up with Technologist PR .. This is a work in progress, a launch of today as we have a starting foundation. And we have some ideas. For example, I know that lots of App developers like myself (as I am a developer even though I don't get to do it much) don't have money for PR, advertising, etc. So we can offer deals of say no cash up front and percentage of takings..

Now, this isn't a rash punch in the dark. I have been working on reviewing products for companies (some big companies too) for over a year working with their PR. And I have been working with a few PR companies again reviewing, advertising their products. So I have gained insight into what is required.

Basically we are offering a service that is free to try. And could potentially raise the sales of a customers product. I know how much time and effort it takes in creating a product and so believe same amount of time and effort should be paid in advertising.  But would you as a developer want to do that or prefer to pay for that to be done.

Anyhow guys, go check us out. Its my first attempt at working for myself (well to transition over time) and I will certainly keep you informed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment